Amarillo Area Employment Overview
If you're looking for current Amarillo job statistics, you’ll find these facts helpful.
According to the most recent U.S. Census:
- 14.2% of Amarillo jobs are in the retail industry.
- 13.1% of Amarillo jobs are in the health care and social assistance industry.
- 14.9% of people in Amarillo work in office and administrative support occupations.
- 13.1% of people in Amarillo work in sales and related occupations.
- Most people in Amarillo drive 10 to 14 minutes to work.
- In 2007, the average household income in Amarillo was $52,950. That amount is expected to increase to $56,494 by 2012.
- In 2007, 94.5% of Amarillo’s population was employed.
- 56.7% of employees in Amarillo work in white collar occupations, and 43.4% work in blue collar occupations.